1. Wide scars can be narrowed.
2. Long scars can be broken down into non-linear zig-zag pattern. This reduces the deformity. They become less readily observable.
3. Scars can be made to lie along natural lines and creases. Thus making them less obvious to an onlooker.
4. Contracture release. Contractures are deforming scars across mobile parts of the body. Contracture release leads to restoration of function of the affected body part.
5. Improvement of texture, color and contour mismatch.
These procedures are associated with improvement of body image and self esteem.